Lisa Abrams’s claim to fame goes beyond her work with The Associated’s Insight Israel Forum. Let’s get straight to it…there’s so much to cover. Here are 14 things to know about Lisa Abrams.
1. Lisa was “born and raised” in Baltimore. She returned to Charm City to go to medical school at Johns Hopkins after graduating from Harvard.
We know, we know. She’s a bit of a slacker.
2. Around four years ago, Lisa left private practice after 20 plus years and joined the faculty at LifeBridge Health Krieger Eye Institute at Sinai, working mostly in the clinic helping the residents.
She is a pediatric ophthalmologist.
3. Growing up, Lisa
was told knew she wanted to be a doctor.
“In my family, you were allowed to choose between being a doctor and a lawyer. And, I didn’t like talking in front of people or arguing, so doctor sort of fit my personality better. My stepfather was a doctor. My father was a doctor. So, I had those influences. I’m very right-brain, science, math-oriented. I did some volunteering in the hospital when I was in high school and that’s really when I knew that this was what I was meant to do.”
4. While she loved her math and science classes at The Park School, Lisa says her all-time favorite teacher was her English teacher from high school.
- The Associated’s 2022 Annual Meeting - June 3, 2022
- Meet Jewish Women’s Giving Foundation’s Jamie Caplis - June 1, 2022
- The Associated’s IMPACT Summer Soiree - May 27, 2022