When the gallery lights go down, the party lights come up for Art After Hours, a lively series of evening events with activities, inspired by the BMA’s current exhibitions. Boost yourself with a beer & a bite, groove to music from house musician, Hans Berg, enjoy surreal games and pop-up performances and experience art in new ways.
With the closing weekend of two special exhibitions at the Museum: Monsters & Myths: Surrealism and War in the 1930s and 1940s and Nathalie Djurberg & Hans Berg: Delights of an Undirected Mind, the BMA will be celebrating by hosting a surrealism-inspired Art After Hours Party this Friday, May 24, from 8pm – 11pm. The party will include an evening of music, art-making, drinks and lite bites and late-night access to galleries and special exhibitions. Tickets are $25 ($20 for BMA Members), for ages 21+ and can be purchased here.
Come early for a free Artist Conversation with Nathalie Djurberg and Hans Berg in the Auditorium at 7 p.m. The artist duo will discuss their psychologically charged installations and films. Laura Albans, Assistant Curator of European Painting and Sculpture, will moderate a conversation about the integration of painstakingly created stop-motion animations and hypnotic music in their large-scale installations. Other highlights include:
- Free admission to Monsters & Myths (regularly $15)
- Performance by Swedish composer, recording artist, and house musician Hans Berg, who just released Sounds of the Forest Forgotten
- Experimental sound art with Tom Boram and Bonnie Jones
- Surreal games led by Baltimore artists Stephanie Barber and Beth Holladay
- Pop-up performances with costumes designed by Naomi Davidoff
- Cash bar with inspired cocktails and light bites by Gertrude’s Chesapeake Kitchen
Treat yourself to a night out with an evening of art exhibits and good times at the BMA. Whether you come for the exhibitions’ closings, to discover new artists or just to enjoy a drink with good friends, Art After Hours will light up your Friday night.
Latest posts by Sponsored Post Staff (see all)
- The Church of the Redeemer VOICES Series: September 25 - September 23, 2019
- Bring in Libra Season at This 90’S Hip Hop | R&B Yacht Bash on 9/29 - September 20, 2019
- The Maryland Historical Society Unlocks New Exhibit – Spectrum of Fashion - September 20, 2019