The Village of Cross Keys (VCK) is celebrating summer with a series of free weekly events kicking off the first week of June. From fitness classes to Jazz performances to children’s entertainment, the iconic Baltimore shopping destination looks forward to continuing its history of providing free outdoor fun for every age and interest group this summer.
In addition to the new summer series and its renowned retail and dining, VCK will also host its popular traditional events, including the Tuesday Farmer’s Market and annual Summer Sidewalk Sale.
The Eric Byrd Trio will launch the free summer events on June 2 with Jazz in June, VCK’s Thursday night Jazz series held outside in the retail courtyard from 6 p.m.-7:45 p.m. Jazz in June will continue throughout the month with Tom Principato performing on June 9; David Bach appearing on June 16; Tongue in Cheek performing on June 23; and Greg Hatza rounding out the month on June 30. Guests are encouraged to bring their own chairs.
VCK will host daytime activities during the week as well. Visitors have the opportunity to squeeze in a workout every Wednesday morning (June 8 – July 27) at 10:30 a.m. with local barre and yoga instructors from Baltimore-based fitness company Soul Body. Those participating are required to bring their own mats. Children’s entertainment will be held every Friday (June 10 – July 29) with an hour-long puppet show beginning at 10 a.m.
Throughout the summer, VCK will host additional events including:
- Village of Cross Keys’ Summer Sidewalk Sale: Enjoy VCK retailer deals from Thursday, June 23 through Sunday, June 26
- Village Square Café Live Music – Stop by the Village Square Café on Saturday evenings from 6 p.m.-7:30 p.m. to hear live music from various local musicians. For more information call 410-433-2233.
- Village of Cross Keys Farmer’s Market: Every Tuesday from June 14 – October (TBD) 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Goodwill Donations: The Goodwill truck will be located on the Farmer’s Market lot daily starting Saturday, July 2 through Tuesday, July 12, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
For more information about the summer events series at Village of Cross Keys, please visit http://www.villageofcrosskeys.com or contact 410-323-1000.
- Three Extraordinary Open Houses on Gibson Island – Saturday, Dec. 1 - November 30, 2018
- Gibson Island Open House DEC. 1 – Just in time for the holidays! - November 25, 2018
- Three Extraordinary Open Houses Tomorrow on Gibson Island – Oct. 13 - October 12, 2018