Whether in the classroom, on the field, or in the community, every minute of every Gilman school day helps boys of promise grow to become men of character. Gilman boys are extraordinary; the school’s challenge to be one’s best self results in an impressive list of accomplishments:
- Eight Gilman students won medals in the National Russian Essay Contest, with one Junior awarded a prestigious State Department scholarship to study in Moscow for six weeks.
- The Classics Club sent two teams to the Eleanor Roosevelt Certamen and both brought home trophies.
- Thirty Upper School students participated the fourth annual Startup Experience, a workshop designed to jumpstart students’ entrepreneurial spirit.
- Sixteen athletes from eight sports have made commitments to play at the college level.
- The Greyhound TV live stream crew has broadcast more than 45 varsity games in seven varsity sports as well as steeplechase trials at Shawan Downs.
- Eleven Gilman musicians were selected from among more than 3,000 students to join Maryland All-State orchestras, bands, and choruses.
- Middle and Upper School boys performed five concerts in seven days in Salzburg, Vienna, and Prague during spring break.
- Three Upper School students developed the idea for hydroponic greenhouse, implemented the project and learned hard lessons along the way. The group’s resident filmmaker made a documentary on the project and won the Grand Jury Prize in Gilman’s Film Festival.
And that’s just to name a few.