There’s no better month than June for an overnight on the Eastern Shore. The weather is perfect, and the beaches are open for business. When it comes to an overnight trip, packing light is the way to go. Going away this weekend? Farm stand produce, rejuvenating boat rides, and seafood dinners-al-fresco await! Let us help you simplify your overnight bag with this simple list of must-haves, hand selected from Matava Shoes in Green Spring Station. Enjoy the freedom of traveling light, without compromising anything on style.
- First thing first, you need an overnight bag. There is no need for heavy rolling luggage on a one night trip. Why not pack up this adorable oversized woven bag? It doubles as a day tote, or purse, and looks breezy whether you’re headed to the beach, pier or restaurant.
- Good shoes are key, and you’ll want options. For walking in the warm weather, it doesn’t get more perfect than a pair of Birkenstocks. The metallic finish on these thong sandals classes up your daywear, and allows you to change outfits without changing shoes. If you only bring one pair of shoes on a beach vacation, bring these.
- Hitting the beach, or spending a day on the water? If you’ll be in a swimsuit, you’ll want a coverup for sun protection. A lightweight, Mexican-style top like this one, is a great choice. White is best for keeping you cool, and showing off a tan, but most important is protecting your skin once you’ve had enough sun for the day.
- Headed somewhere nice for dinner? A pair of brown leather wedges are crucial this season. Near the water, they are more comfortable than narrow heels, and safer to walk in near sand. This style is versatile, and carries into summer and early fall wardrobes.
- If you’re planning a longer night out at multiple locations, you’ll want to ditch the larger bag. A smaller clutch for keys, cards, and essential cosmetics is all you need. A neutral leather clutch goes with any outfit, and these beautiful pieces from Hammitt of LA will last a lifetime.
- Not sure what the weather will do, or where you’ll end up before getting back to the hotel? It’s always a good idea to have a scarf in your bag. They are great for an extra layer if the wind picks up, or you enter air conditioning. They also work as a coverup in the hot sun, and can act as a day-to-night outfit change. Keep this one rolled up in your bag, or tied to the handle. In a pinch you might be glad to have something to cover up ice cream or coffee spills from earlier in the day.
Latest posts by Sponsored Post Staff (see all)
- Join Genesee Valley Outdoor Learning Center for Their “Nature’s Calling – Family Fun Event” on May 5 - March 21, 2019
- Garrison Forest School Receives Largest Gift in School History for Construction and Renovations - March 20, 2019
- Featured Hot Listing: Sophisticated Renovation in Cockeysville’s Laurelford Community - March 19, 2019