Cider makers have descended on Baltimore for a four-day convention devoted to all things fermented fruit from today through Feb. 2. And while their affair is reserved for only dues-paying members of the U.S. Association of Cider Makers, CiderCon brings with it Cider Week, a slew of tastings, release parties and meet-and-greets starting at around happy hour today.
A few of the many events on tonight’s slate:
- ANXO, a D.C.-based cidery, brings its draft cider to Maryland for the first time with a release party at Wet City in Midtown. Three original ANXO ciders will be on tap, along with a collaboration cider made by ANXO and Baltimore’s own Oliver Brewing. Admission free, 5 p.m.-2:30 a.m.
- Meet Angry Orchard’s head cider maker, Ryan Burke, at Southern Provisions in Canton for happy hour from 5-6 p.m., or catch him at Pint Night at The Point in Fells from 7:30-11:30 p.m.
- Taste some of the best ciders coming out of Vermont at Charm City Meadworks in Johnston Square, including offerings from Shacksbury and Eden Speciality Ciders, as well as spirits from WhistlePig and Barr Hill (bonus: Blue Pit will be serving up barbecue). Admission free, 5-11:30 p.m.
Max’s Taphouse, Foraged., and Brewer’s Cask are among the other local bars and eateries helping to kick off CiderCon 2018 for the general public tonight. Click here for a full rundown of this week’s events.
- Friday Afternoon Headlines: Hogan working on a book; A huge, high-profile crowd for Cummings’ funeral in Baltimore; and more - October 25, 2019
- The city is throwing Gervonta ‘Tank’ Davis a parade tomorrow - October 25, 2019
- Friday Morning Headlines: Councilman files resolution to fix 311 app; Suspicious envelope sent to WBFF-TV; and more - October 25, 2019