The Restaurant Association of Maryland will present the first Maryland Foodie Fest, a family-friendly food festival at Leidos Field at Ripken Stadium in Aberdeen on Saturday, June 22, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. The Maryland Foodie Fest will feature cooking competitions, food pairings and samples from restaurants throughout Maryland, craft beer and wine, vendors and live music.
The festival will host two cooking competitions—burgers and seafood—the only cooking competitions in Maryland sanctioned by the World Food Championships. Open to both home and professional chefs, the competitions will give participants the chance to win prize money and compete in the World Food Championships, the largest competition in food sport.
Maryland Foodie Fest also includes:
- VIP area with exclusive education and sampling opportunities
- Live music by The Rockets, Kelly Bell Band and Rev6
- Kids zone with inflatables, batting cages and face painting
Ticket prices vary and are available online and at the door. Children 12 and under are free. A portion of the festival proceeds will benefit the Restaurant Association of Maryland Education Foundation, which seeks to enhance the food service and hospitality industry’s training and education, career development and community engagement.
The Restaurant Association of Maryland and its foundation promote, protect and improve the food service and hospitality industry in Maryland. The association leads by showcasing member restaurants, offering programs that reduce operating costs and advocating for the interests of food service businesses. Members are food service and hospitality businesses, including restaurants, bars and taverns, grocery stores, caterers, hotels and other businesses that serve food. (www.marylandrestaurants.com)
- Support Local Restaurants during Baltimore Restaurant Week – Now Until 8/2 - July 30, 2020
- Check Out the Remaining Summer Programs with Stages Music Arts - July 30, 2020
- Eat Local during Baltimore Restaurant Week – Now through Aug 2 - July 28, 2020