A judge decided to delay the start of trial proceedings for the six officers charged in Freddie Gray’s death.
According to the Washington Post, the first trial will start Nov. 30. The trials of the other five officers will he held after the first of the year. The final trial starts March 9, 2016. The trials were initially scheduled to start Oct. 13.
Officer William Porter, who is charged with involuntary manslaughter, will be tried first. The Baltimore Sun reported over the weekend that Porter said in a statement to authorities that he told at least one of the other officers that Gray needed medical help. Gray, 25, died of injuries he sustained while in police custody.
Judge Barry Williams previously ruled that the officers would each be tried separately.
Latest posts by Stephen Babcock (see all)
- Baltimost: Brittany Young - October 8, 2019
- Public safety alert app Citizen launches in Baltimore - February 13, 2019
- Baltimore releases interactive map showing sewage overflows - January 28, 2019