You’ve heard eating vegetables is good for you, but did you know that people who eat more vegetables and fruits as part of an overall healthy diet are likely to have a reduced risk of some illnesses? And did you know that vegetables provide nutrients that are important for health and maintenance of your body?
Legumes (beans, peas, and lentils), whole grains, and certain veggies can be great sources of plant-based protein and serve as tasty substitutes for meat.
Why would you sometimes want to eat veggies, grain, and legumes instead of meat? Eating less meat is good for your health and good for the planet! Have you ever heard of Meatless Monday? Many people across the country and the world have chosen to make Monday the day they eat less meat and more plant-based sources of protein.
Try this in class: Imagine your vegetable as a superhero. What would its powers be? On today’s worksheet, draw a picture and write a paragraph about your Super Produce.
Try this at home: Eat a veggie at every meal today. Make this challenge a little more adventurous and try a fruit or vegetable you’ve never eaten before. Find out what’s in season right now!
Game time: Check out these fun fruit and veggie games!
Watch this and get movin’: Use your VEGGIE POWER and get movin’ with this video.
Try a recipe: Participate in Meatless Monday with one of these plant-protein-rich recipes. Can you name the vegetable ingredient high in protein?
- Tofu, Broccoli, and Soba Noodle Stir-Fry or
- Warm Sweet Potato and Chickpea Salad with Lime, Cilantro, and Tahini Dressing or
- Cuban Black Bean Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
To make it even better, your purchase dollars can help RPEMS! Just place your order during the week of January 31-February 6 using the coupon code SUPPORTRPEMS or visit www.relayfoods.com/
Latest posts by Edited from Press Release (see all)
- The League for People with Disabilities Hosts FREE Family Fun Art Festival on 8/18 - August 9, 2018
- Three Baltimore Design School Students Win Summer Scholarships in ‘Open Tank’ Makers Competition at Open Works - July 3, 2018
- Baltimore Child Abuse Center’s Be A Hero Gala Honored Local Heroes, Celebrated 30 Years of Protecting Children - May 29, 2018