Now that all the gifts have been unwrapped and the cookies eaten, it’s time to take a little break, rest, relax – and shop! This week is an especially good time to stock up on holiday wrapping paper, cards and decorative items for next year, and to find the perfect outfit for New Year’s Eve festivities and upcoming winter vacations.
Many local shops are winding down the year with great discounts – or ramping up for 2015 with new merchandise. A word of warning, though – before you head out to a particular shop, check their Facebook page or give them a call, to make sure they are open. A few local shops are closed until the New Year.
Here’s some of what’s happening in and around Baltimore this week:
- For decorations, home and garden shops, including Stebbins Anderson in Kenilworth, Watson’s Garden Center in Timonium and Homestead Gardens in Annapolis and Severna Park, are always chock full of great sales on holiday-themed items.
- For discounted holiday cards and other merchandise, visit The Pleasure of Your Company in Greenspring Station, where the post-holiday sale has just begun.
- The holidays are over but complimentary holiday parking in Harbor East will continue through the weekend – so take advantage while there’s still time.
- At South Moon Under, dozens of items are on sale, including a wide variety of winter and holiday-themed home and gift items.
- From now through the first of January, Brightside Boutique & Art Studio, in Federal Hill and Fells Point, is offering 20% off purchases of $50 or more.
- At Chezelle in Cross Keys, the Spring ’15 Margaret Winters trunk show continues through the 30th. Now through the 30th, visit the Chezelle website for a coupon for 50% off any $150 purchase (exclusions listed at the link).
- At Alice Jane on Falls Road, new arrivals include great dresses for New Year’s Eve and casual jeans and tops perfect for winter vacation.
- Hats in the Belfry has a fabulous selection of fascinators perfect for the most glamorous New Year’s Eve plans.
- At Something Else in Mount Washington, the After Christmas Sale is going strong, with all coats, sweaters and winter wear is 50% off.
- Grand National Steeplechase Next Saturday, April 22 – Three Miles of Heart Pounding Thrills - April 14, 2017
- FashionEASTa Returns to Harbor East for a Sixth Year - April 12, 2017
- Extraordinary Equestrians Gear up for April Races - April 3, 2017