8th Annual Empty Bowls Fundraising Event to Benefit the Hungry & Homeless
WHAT: Be a part of an event making a difference in the lives of people struggling with hunger, homelessness, and poverty. Come to and/or write about one of the fastest growing events in Baltimore, with an expected 2,000 attendants and 200 volunteers. Empty Bowls is St. Vincent de Paul of Baltimore’s signature fundraising event. At the event, guests will get to enjoy the following:
• Taste a variety of delicious soups from Baltimore’s top restaurants including: Atwater’s, Café Troia, Mamas On the Half Shell, Miss Shirley’s, Linwoods and many more! Guests will get to vote for their favorite soup in a competition.
• Select from hundreds of hand-crafted, hand-designed ceramic bowls as a reminder that there are people in our community struggling with hunger and food insecurity.
• Participate in a silent auction, raffle and our “Wine and Dine” – pick a restaurant certificate valued at $20 or more and a bottle of wine
• Enjoy activities for the kids including face painting and arts and crafts
- · Take a family picture to share with your social network
WHO: St Vincent de Paul of Baltimore is a leading provider of community services that build better futures. Each year, over 50,000 people are helped through our services that stabilize families, meet basic needs, and foster self-sufficiency. Our services include food, shelter, occupational skills training and job placement, educational services to children and youth, life and parenting skills, transitional and permanent housing, and more.
WHY: One in four Baltimore residents lives in poverty. The largest growing segment of the homeless population in Baltimore is women and children, who made up 34% of the sheltered population last year. Empty Bowls benefits the programs of St. Vincent de Paul of Baltimore that work to provide services to those struggling with hunger, homelessness and poverty.
WHEN: Saturday, March 22nd, 2014
Lunch seating from 12:00 to 2:30 p.m. and Dinner seating from 5:00 to 7:30 p.m.
WHERE: Maryland State Fairgrounds in Timonium, 4-H Building, 2200 York Road, Timonium, MD 21093