Tag: black friday
Join Harbor East for a sophisticated and civilized alternative to mall mayhem at the 2nd Annual Black Friday Block Party on Friday, November 23 from 11am – 4pm. Skip the holiday frenzy and enjoy leisurely shopping events, a mimosa and bloody mary bar, live music, a complimentary DIY hot chocolate bar and family-friendly activities for the little ones (including face painting, cookie decorating, a balloon artist and appearances from holiday characters). RSVP for Free Parking and giveaways. The first 100 RSVP guests to check in will receive a complimentary cocktail, on us! It isn’t all about the receiving either – proceeds to help benefit Helping Up Mission Women’s & Children’s Program/ Inspiring Hope Campaign. Cheers to sweet sales and less stress!
A Baltimore police officer who shot a 48-year-0ld man behaving erratically in Waverly on Black Friday of 2016 won’t be charged with any crime, according to a new report from prosecutors.
By Kit Waskom Pollard
Now that the turkey has been stuffed and eaten and the leftovers are packed away, it’s time to focus on – what else? – holiday shopping!
From Black Friday sales to Small Business Saturday celebrations and beyond, there are plenty of events and promotions to explore this week. Here’s a look at some of what’s going on around Baltimore today, tomorrow and for the rest of the week:
· Stop by Nouveau in Belvedere Square from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. for a Black Friday/Moving Day celebration complete with live music, refreshment, a martini bar and – of course – discounts.
· Towson Town Center shops will open for Black Friday as early as 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving and will stay open as late as 1 a.m. on Saturday. Click here for more information.
· From 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday, November 28th, receive a free Christmas stocking to stuff with accessories or doll clothing at Liza Byrd in Stevenson Village – all items in the stocking will be 20% off.
· Starting on Friday, check in at The Village at Cross Keys, where the shops will offer tons of discounts and great holiday promotions.
· This weekend at Poppy and Stella in Fells Point, the entire store is 30% to 50% off. Stop in for discounts and for treats, from raffles and gifts with purchases of $50 and more to cupcakes from Baltimore Cakery.
· Alice Jane says thank you to its customers with Friday and Saturday promotions. Shoppers will receive 10% off purchases of $100 or more and 20% off purchases of $200 or more.
· Santa has arrived at The Shops at Kenilworth, along with the storied annual holiday train garden. The Shops will have extended holiday hours from November 28th through December 24th and individual stores will offer great promotions and discounts. On Black Friday, WBAL will be on hand from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., with specials, giveaways – and Zeke’s Coffee samples.
· On Friday, November 28th and Saturday, November, 29th, find all sorts of cool and crazy gifts at the American Visionary Arts Museum’s Bazaart holiday art market.
· On Friday and Saturday, shops throughout Hampden will kick off the season with sales and festivities, from scratch-off discounts at Studio C Jewelry to Small Business Saturday gift card promotions at doubledutch boutique.
· In Harbor East, Sassanova will be celebrating all week, with sales on Black Friday and Small Business Saturday, plus daily discounts and free gifts every day starting on December 1st. Harbor East parking is complimentary during the holiday season, making shopping easier than ever.
· On Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., visit Becket Hitch in Greenspring Station as they host a trunk show with FoundStudio, featuring original artworks and archival quality prints.
· This Friday and Saturday, receive 15% off new suits, sport jackets, tuxedos or shirts as Christopher Schaefer Clothier celebrates the start of holiday season – and their fourth anniversary.
· On Saturday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Wee Chic will host an Etsy pop-up shop with Little Miss Pepper Designs. Designer Stacey Bradshaw will be in the shop to help customize charm necklaces and show off her earrings, bracelets and other jewelry styles.
· Shops throughout Federal Hill are celebrating Small Business Saturday with discounts and refreshments, from 20% off essential oils at SoBotanical to a “Pick Your Own Discount” event at Brightside Boutique & Art Studio. For more information about other participating shops, visit the Historic Federal Hill website.
· On Thursday, December 4th, shop ’til you drop at the first installment of downtown Annapolis’s Midnight Madness. Shops will stay open until midnight and downtown will be full of festive carols, lights and fun.
· At the Baltimore Country Club’s sold out annual Holiday Fashion Show on December 5th, a variety of retailers, including Sassanova, Lori K and Liza Byrd will show off – and sell – some of their favorite holiday season clothing and accessories.
· On December 5th, stop by the new Cross Keys shop The Girl Next Door for a fun grand opening party.
The folks at Christopher Schafer Clothier are excited to announce that in honor of their 4th anniversary they are celebrating with a fantastic sale. On Friday 11/28 aka “Black Friday” and Saturday 11/29 aka “Small Business Saturday” they are offering 15% off your new suit, sport jacket, tuxedo, sport jacket or shirt!
The shop is stocked up on beautiful handmade ties, bow ties, pocket squares, cuff links, tie bars, and end-of-bolt fabrics. Gift certificates are also available and included in this sale.
Christopher Schafer Clothier will be open from 10-7 on Friday and 12-5 on Saturday. Please contact to schedule an appointment or feel free to stop by the studio.