The national media has descended on Baltimore this week, and some local characters have found themselves unexpectedly in the spotlight.
- An upset mom went viral, and found herself the subject of a dozen thinkpieces.
- A young man eloquently argued with Geraldo, and made the nightly news.
- The beloved owner of Belle Hardware was profiled in Esquire as “the store that’s helping Baltimore rebuild”
- Until last week, West Baltimorean Devin Allen was an aspiring photographer; now that one of his images is on the cover of TIME, he can probably remove the “aspiring.”
And then, of course, there are the hundreds of people who spent the week cleaning up, protesting, and discussing the city’s future. Thank you, residents of Baltimore, for making us proud!
Latest posts by Rachel Monroe (see all)
- The Effect of a Dilapidated Home on a Baltimore Block - September 19, 2017
- The Ku Klux Klan Is Apparently Still Alive and Well in Maryland - August 24, 2017
- Baltimore May Be Getting a Professional Soccer Team - September 16, 2016