From now through Tuesday, 2/17, Whole Foods is offering 20% off hand-cut cheeses. And since this sale coincides with V-Day, you can save some dough AND get deliciousness for your most special person.
The nice people at Whole Foods invited me down to Harbor East to taste some cheese earlier this week – and YES. The answer is always yes. So, hand-cut cheese. Why? Well, the more recently a cheese has been cut, obviously the fresher it is. When you visit Whole Foods (or any nice cheese shop – like The Cheese Cave at The Wine Source) you can always have the cheesemonger give you a sample off the knife. Like a lot of shoppers, I usually just grab a wedge of something pre-cut, and usually a cheese I know. But I’m changing that. For example, I’m a big fan of Manchego. But Whole Foods Certified Cheese Specialist, Kasmir, gave me a taste of Cordobes and I’m hooked! And I’m also changing Whole Foods locations – the Harbor East location is my new jam. You can park in the garage there for two hours free! Free! In Harbor East!
So, here is what I tried and loved…
1) Cordobes cheese + quince paste
2) Cherry Glen goat cheese + fig jam + Marcona almonds
3) St. Agur blue + honey + caramelized pecans
Latest posts by Amy Langrehr (see all)
- Chef Carlos Raba on Good Energy, Mexican Spaghetti and the Road to Clavel - September 12, 2017
- Chewing the Fat: Michael Mina of Wit & Wisdom - December 18, 2015
- Crab & Oyster Celebration – Eat Downtown Oct 16-25! - October 15, 2015