Courtesy Citybizlist – The international wealth management firm Wealth-X recently compiled a report listing the richest person in every state.
Micfosoft mogul Bill Gates, of the state of Washington, was the richest person in America with a net worth of $70.8 billion.
Theodore “Ted” Lerner, with a net worth of $4.1 billion, is the richest person in Maryland.
Here are some of the states and their richest billionaires, according to Wealth-X:
7. Michael Bloomberg, $21.4 Billion
State: New York
Michael Bloomberg, the current mayor of New York City, is the founder and owner of Bloomberg L.P.
8. Forrest Mars Jr., $20.1 Billion
The 82-year-old is a part-owner of Mars candy company.
9. Abigail Johnson, $16.9 Billion
The 51-year-old is the president of Fidelity Investment’s Financial Services, the second-largest U.S. mutual fund company.
Read more at Citybizlist
Latest posts by Citybizlist Staff (see all)
- Citybizlist and Center Club Join Forces to Launch ‘City Genius’ - April 5, 2016
- Bipartisanship Sneaks Into State Senate - March 11, 2016
- Marylanders Like Hogan, Feel State Headed in Right Direction Goucher Poll Shows - February 23, 2016